March 30, 2011

What We Won Wednessday

Every week (nearly, unless I'm sick as a dog like last week or just too busy) I plan to join What We Won Wednessday and share a few of the things I've won (recently or in the past).  This week I'm sharing some food related items I've won.

Recently I won some Reusies Snack Bags over at the blog Of Another Cinnamon.  They are super cute and will be super useful once I start packing my kids lunch again (recently we've been buying lunches, cause we've had so many illnesses it was just one less thing to do...but I plan to go back to packing soon.)


Not so recently I won the cookbook pictured above.   Jennifer Bourassa, a lady I met on MomPack was, was holding a contest to find a name for a cookbook she was selling to earn money for her son's Martial Arts Class.  Though she didn't end up using any of the titles people submitted, she used a subtitle I submitted, and so I won the book, along with some other goodies, including a gift card to her Noah's Arc shop (which I never used, and it expired) and Wildtree Guacamole Seasoning, which was tasty!  The book is called...

Self Defense with Health Defense
Good for your taste buds, good for your body,
and for a good cause.

It has some fun recipes, and cute illustrations by her son (he did the cover art too).  She's not selling them anymore...wish I had shared this while she still was.


Here's one I'll share with you all:


Black Bean Dip

INGREDIENTS


1 19 oz  or 15 oz can black beans
1/2 cup prepared salsa, hot or mild
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment