GUIDELINES FOR GIVEAWAYS FOR GOOD
I also promote giveaways for good. To count as a "giveaway for good" the GIVEAWAY MUST EITHER BE FAIR TRADE, HELP RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY (such as sale of product being given away raises money for charity), OR RAISE AWARENESS OF A CAUSE. Being useful, healthy, likeable etc. DOES NOT COUNT.
Not sure if you're giveaway counts as a "giveaway for good." Here's examples of ways a giveaway can benefit a good cause:
- Fair trade items
- Product given away comes from a shop which donates a percentage to charity (and info about their charitable project is shared on the giveaway post)
- Product given away helps winner do good (a donation to a charity of the winners choice, a "how to volunteer" book, etc. ). Sorry, vitimins and health and wellness products aren't included.
- A prize of something that helps with a specific disease or condition (other than vitamins or general health products). Examples would be a "quit smoking" kit, or an arm band which tells about an allergy, or something like that.
- Entry requires learning about a cause
- Entry requires doing something to help a cause
- Entry requires blogging about a cause for entry or extra entry
What does NOT qualify for giveaways for good (unless it also has one of the qualifications above):
- Just being "a gift someone would like." All gifts are something someone would like!
- Just being healthy. Or relaxing. Or fun. Or useful. You get the idea.
- Just being eco-friendly (sorry, these are GOOD...but there are too many of these to keep up with, and there are other o giveaway linkies specifically for "Green" giveaways, which you can click to submit them at Green Mama's Pad Green Giveaway FridayGreen Fest Fridays at Just Ad ClothGo Natural GiveawaysSaving Naturally Linky (Natural, organic, or healthy giveaways only)
Submitting does not guarantee that your giveaway will be posted, as giveaways are posted at my discretion (and sometimes life just gets busy). I don't add giveaways on Sundays, and will also be away from the computer on the following dates: Good Friday though Easter Sunday, May 18 - 21, October 27, Dec 22 - Dec 25.