This is easiest food drive ever! Seriously, you don't have to take the food anywhere but your mailbox--and the post office will pick it up for you for free! How easy is that.
This is also a great time to do some spring cleaning of your cabinets. Do you know that canned food, and boxed food, expires? Yes, it does. So, go check those cabinets...check the expiration dates on that food, and ask yourself, am I really going to use this before it expires? If you don't think you will, why not toss it in a box and put it by your mailbox on May 8? (And if it's already expired, toss it out, for your own safety).
Oh yeah...I mentioned a giveaway, didn't I? To promote this good cause (which I am not affiliated with in any way), I thought I'd give away some food related stuff that doesn't come in cans or boxes...to one of you!
One of you can win the book "Should I Eat This?" from the editors of ShopSmart, as well as some articles on healthy living, and some recipes (some healthier than others). There's a few coupons in there too.
Want to win this? Do any of the things on the list below, and make sure to leave a comment for each thing saying what you did, and also include an e-mail):
- Commit to take part in the Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive by leaving some food for your mail carrier (you don't have to sign anything...just say you will).
- Twitter about Stamp Out Hunger and include the URLhttp://www.helpstampouthunger.com
- Blog about Stamp Out Hunger.
- Place the stamp out hunger widget or badge on your blog or website.
- Do anything else to promote Stamp Out Hunger that I don't have listed here and tell me what you did.